Bushy Park (Peter Denton)
More Images

Places in History is an ongoing project. It uses placemarks in Google Maps to identify the exact position of a building, street or other feature, with a satellite view of the location. The maps link to pages in HistoryWorld for historical details, images and timelines.


HistoryWorld's

Places in History

Teddington - Bushy Park



1536 - Henry VIII encloses land to the north of Hampton Court Palace as a deer park, and plants it with acorns to provide oak for the navy

1604 - Bushy Park has by now acquired its familiar name, from the thorn bushes planted to protect the sapling oaks from the deer

1699 - he Chestnut Avenue through Bushy Park is laid out for William III to a design by Sir Christopher Wren

1713 - The Diana, or Arethusa, fountain, decorated with bronze sculptures by Hubert Le Sueur, is placed in the centre of the round pond in Bushy Park


Map

List of places

Hampton and Teddington timeline

Sources   for this page Twickenham Museum, London Gardens Trust

Contributors to this page BG

External links
    Bushy Park Twickenham Museum